Are you looking to kayak in Ogunquit? Are you looking for a resourceful guide to show you how to do it? We are here to help. Kayaking is one of the most fun summer activities you can engage in during your holiday at Ogunquit.
What is great is that you don’t need to buy your own kayaks to enjoy time out on the water. You can easily rent one for yourself in many places here in Ogunquit. Follow this guide to kayak rental and discover where to rent great kayaks in Ogunquit and the best places to kayak. Keep reading to learn more.
Are you looking for a fun summer activity?
Get out in the fresh air and go kayaking! If you have never kayaked before, it’s an excellent water sport for newbies, especially out on the lovely, calm Ogunquit River. If you’re unsure about taking a trip in a kayak for the first time, don’t hesitate to inquire about getting a guided tour.
Don’t let the summer pass you by – take full advantage of the accessibility of the outdoors during your trip!. Get out on the water today, and thank us later. 😉
Rent your kayak right now and start enjoying your summer in Ogunquit.
The 5 best kayaking destinations around Ogunquit
1. The Ogunquit River
The Ogunquit River is the most popular kayaking site in all of southern Maine. Here are some facts about the Ogunquit River that make it the leading kayaking destination in Ogunquit, Maine:
- It is a calm river, making it a perfect choice for beginners and experts alike.
- You can make your way out to the ocean and the nearby beaches.
- It is a tidal river that flows out to the Atlantic Ocean.
- A wildlife refuge surrounds it, so you will likely see lots of wonderful local animals and birds.
- You can launch right from the shores of our sister property – Ogunquit River Inn.
2. Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge
While kayaking is fun, it is even more thrilling at The Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge. Words cannot describe the joy you feel when paddling through the salty marshes. This place provides you with another kind of kayaking experience. The views are calming, giving you a relaxing romance with nature.
3. Kennebunk Port’s Tidal River
This is a multipurpose destination. It is not just great for kayaking alone; you can enjoy some relaxed fishing right along the shoreline. Gooch’s beach, located west of the mouth, is where the Kennebunk River joins the ocean, one of the most serene and beautiful spots in the area. Paddle amid moderate waves while admiring the sun’s brilliant reflection on the coastal waters. Kayak as much as you like in the mornings, afternoons, or even throughout the day, then return to Anchor Inn and Cottages for a wonderful night’s rest.
4. Long Sands Beach
Go sea kayaking at Long Sands Beach! It is an excellent choice for relieving stress, burning calories, bonding with friends and family, and taking in the views. Paddle safely while feeling the ocean waves right off Maine’s classic rocky coast.
5. The York River
The York River encompasses 1,000 acres of wetlands, including the Tidal Marsh Estuary. It includes intertidal bays and a large swath of salt marshes. It may be one of the most ecologically diverse areas along the Maine coast, with many rare plants and animals.
Highlights of a stay at Anchor Inn & Cottages include:
- We are close to the best kayaking spots in southern Maine.
- We are approximately a mile from the beaches of Ogunquit and Wells, and we offer a great ambience for families with various services. Also, Moody and Footbridge Beaches are all less than a mile away from Anchor Inn & Cottages.
- Taking the historic Ogunquit Trolley from our doorsteps allows you to conveniently travel around town and enjoy the sights without fighting traffic.
Q: How far are you from kayak rental places?
A: We are located just down the road from Ogunquit River Inn, our sister hotel that hosts a launch site to kayak and stand-up paddleboard on the Ogunquit River.
Q: How much does kayaking cost?
A: This varies from location to location but generally ranges from $10 – $30 per hour.